Processing Diagram流程圖/ Bar 柱狀圖/ Table表格
Caring for children is probably the most important thing of the society. It is suggested that all mothers and fathers should be required to take the childcare training programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prison, while others think there are some alternatives (e.g. make them do work which also benefits the local community) for those minor criminals. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
4. Today, the quality of life in some big cities is getting worse. What are the causes of this problem? What can be done to deal with it?
5. It is believed that secondary school students should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. Nuclear energy is better than other forms of energy in meeting the ever-increasing needs of the global. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long average working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Some languages are increasing in use, while many others are declining. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
9. Some peoples say that public museums and art galleries will not be needed because people can see historical objects and works by using computers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Old generations often hold some traditional ideas on the correct way of life, thinking and behavior. However, some people think that it is not helpful for the young generations to prepare for modern life in the future. What’s your opinion?
11. Some people think that children should obey rules or do what their parents and teachers want them to do, but others think that children controlled too much cannot deal with problems well by themselves. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
12. Some people support development of agriculture, like factory farming and scientific creation of fruits and vegetables, while others oppose. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
13. Memorization of information by frequent repetition, namely rote learning, plays a role in many education systems. To what extent do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
14. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to address, and we have already reached the stage where the only way to prevent natural environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Some people think that increasing the number of sports facilities is the best way to improve public health, but others believe that it has little effects and we need other measures to improve it. Discuss both
16. Employers should give their staff at least a 4-week holiday a year to make employees better at their jobs. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
17. Some people think that if a police force carries a gun, it can lead to higher level of crime in that society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched natural places. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages of damaging such areas?
19. Today’s children are living under more pressure from the society than children in the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
20. Competitiveness is becoming an important quality for people to have in many societies. How do you think it affects individuals? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
21. Many animal species have become extinct in the world nowadays. Some people say that countries and individuals should protect these animals from dying out, while others say that we should concentrate more on problems of human beings first. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
22. Some people think government should ban dangerous sports; others, however, believe that people should the freedom to do whatever sports they choose. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.